Updating the Blog News for February 2018


Happy February 2018, the month of LOVE <3
Of course..I love LOVE...don't you? All sorts of love. Love of yourself, love of others, love of family, love of pets, and love of ART  <3

As usual I am spending most of my time making art videos for my Youtube channels. Both my regular channel 'Shel C - PaperOcotilloStudio' and the livestreaming channel with Peg Robinson every Thursday at 10AM Central time 'ART Joy of Sharing LIVE Stream' Here are a few of the videos I have shared this month so far...and even a free coloring page of a Steampunk couple that I drew for this art journal page


Click here for the Steampunk Couple Coloring Page

I started out the month by participating in a video hop with several other channels that belong to the Creative Arts Collabortaion. This video hop was in support of smaller channels that are struggling with the new Youtube requirements for monitization and access to some features. The requirements are 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of view in the last 12 months. This does not effect my channel, but I do NOT want to see small art channels go by the wayside..so I supported these channels by telling my viewers about the difficulty and asking them to go visit, watch and subscribe to small channels. Here is the art I made and the link to the hop video



February is the month for drawing faces for the last few years. There is a challenge put forth by Ayala Art called 29 Faces and I decided to try to draw some faces in February. Not 29 most likely...but a few LOL. Here are a couple I thought turned out well...





A really fun experiment we did on the livestream channel is to play with good old fashion embossing powders. This seems to be a upcoming trend in mixed media this year spearheaded by popular artist on the circuit - Seth Apter. Here is the piece I made using lots of different embossing powder tricks and a link to the recorded livestream



I did a fun art journal page using the Austrian master artist Gustav Klimt as inspriation for a challenge from the Facebook group Junk Journal Junkies and Mindful Art.



Well I hope you are all having a fantastic February so far...and maybe I will update this blog again this month! No one knows LOL
Thanks <3 Shel

Comments

  1. Wnat a busy,busy,busy creative lady you are, Shel. Don't know how you do it. You make videos, edit them, answer comments, make more videos.... When on earth do you have the time to do the chores of everyday life and have time for yourself and hubby? Me, I am lucky to get one little project made, every day or so. Hats off to you, Shel! Love all you do for us and for free. I will get to Patreon, one of these days, when my daughter can show me how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful videos...I am learning so much from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)